Are you putting off treatment for a gynaecological condition because you feel stressed or embarrassed?
As a highly experienced specialist gynaecologist located in Ipswich, Queensland, Dr Siva provides professional diagnosis, management and treatment of a wide range of general gynaecological conditions in a caring and compassionate manner.
You’ll receive the most up-to-date information and the best treatment for your gynaecological condition, using the most advanced technologies and surgical procedures.
Many gynaecological conditions can be treated medically and don’t require surgery. If surgery is required for your general gynaecological condition, the majority of procedures can be performed using laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery, which allows you to recover more quickly with fewer side effects than open abdominal surgery.
Gynaecology services in Brisbane and Ipswich
From his consulting rooms in Northwest Medical Centre, Everton Park & Lower Cameron House, Ipswich, Dr Siva provides general gynaecological services and performs minor gynaecological procedures for women of all ages from Ipswich, Brisbane, Springfield, Brookwater, Toowoomba and beyond.
All other surgical procedures, including laparoscopic keyhole surgery, are performed in North West Private Hospital, Brisbane and St. Andrew’s Ipswich Private Hospital, Brisbane.
Contraception, fertility and family planning services
- Intrauterine contraceptives – IUD insertion and removal, including Mirena® insertion
- General contraceptive advice and services including the oral contraceptive pill
- Laparoscopic Sterilisation – tubal ligation sterilisation is a permanent method of contraception that blocks both of your fallopian tubes
- Laparoscopic Salpingectomy – removal of one or both fallopian tubes for contraception, ectopic pregnancies or to treat conditions of the fallopian tubes
- Laparoscopy Dye test – keyhole surgery used to help diagnose fertility problems
- Treatment of endometriosis and endometrial biopsy
- Laparoscopic removal of Hydrosalpinx – treats blockage of or adhesions to your fallopian tubes. This surgery is usually performed prior to your IVF cycle.
- Insertion and removal of other contraceptive implants, such as hormonal implants
- Ectopic pregnancy surgery
- Birth control, contraceptive advice and services
- Diagnosis and treatment of painful sexual intercourse
- Fertility problems
Heavy periods, menstrual pain and abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Novasure endometrial ablation – a quick, non-hormonal procedure that can effectively reduce bleeding or even eliminate your period for women suffering from heavy periods
- Hysteroscopic endometrial resection – removes the lining of your uterus to relieve the symptoms of heavy periods
- Hysteroscopic fibroid resection – a procedure for removing fibroids that occur on the inside of the uterus
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy – an alternative to abdominal hysterectomy, this operation removes your uterus via small incisions with the aid of a laparoscope.
- Abdominal Hysterectomy – removes your uterus through an incision in your lower abdomen
- Vaginal Hysterectomy – a procedure where your uterus is surgically removed through the vagina
- Adenomyosis diagnosis and treatment – tissue from the internal lining of your uterus grows into the muscle layer causing heavy periods
- Irregular periods – diagnosis and treatment
- Heavy periods – diagnosis and treatment
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse – diagnosis and treatment
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) – diagnosis and treatment
Ovarian cysts and pelvic masses
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy – a minimally invasive surgery to remove a cyst from your ovary
- Laparoscopic Oophorectomy – minimally invasive surgery to remove one of or both your ovaries.
Abnormal pap smears
- Colposcopy – a minor procedure used to examine the surface of your cervix for abnormalities
- Cervical biopsy – performed during a colposcopy to take tissue samples, if required
- LLETZ procedure – a wire loop with an electric current is used to shave off any abnormal cells from your cervix
Endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain and uterine fibroids
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic excision of endometriosis – a low-risk and minimally invasive procedure to remove scar tissue
- Fibroids surgery – including Myomectomy and Hysterectomy
- Uterine and cervical polyps – diagnosis and treatment may include hysteroscopy and/or a D and C (Dilation and Curettage)
Menopause symptoms management
- Bleeding after menopause – diagnosis and treatment
- Sexual dysfunction – diagnosis and treatment
- Pelvic floor disorders – pelvic organ prolapse or incontinence
- Menopausal hormone therapy (MHT) or hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Other general gynaecological surgical procedures
- Labiaplasty – an operation to reduce excess tissue from the labia minora
- Fenton’s procedure – performed to remove scar tissue or an area of tightness around the entrance to the vagina.
- Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis – removes pelvic adhesions following surgery or infection